Frequently Asked Questions:
- What documents do I need for my travel and when will I receive them?
- Passengers require documents pertaining to every service that they have booked with us. Documentation for your flights, invoices and e-tickets etc. Note: Some documentation may be sent separately. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have not received your documentation and are traveling within 07 days
- What are e-tickets and how are they benefit me?
- Majority of airlines all across the world are offering Electronic Tickets or e-tickets. One of the major benefit that an eticket offers is that it does not require a paper ticket/record as a confirmation of your flight. The confirmation of your travel lies in the airlines computerized ticketing system in an electronic format.
An e-ticket offers the following advantages: You need not to carry a paper ticket while traveling and hence there is no fear of loosing them or forgetting them behind. Since they exist in electronic format, you do not have to wait for your ticket to arrive by post. You can use your E-ticket at the self service check in machines avoiding long queues at manual check in desks. (Offered by most airlines) You can also print your boarding pass and track your air miles (if applicable) by using these automated machines.
To use this service you will need of the following means of identification:
- The credit card used to purchase your tickets.
- Traveler loyalty card.
- An e-ticket receipt.
You will need to confirm the airline reference number given at the time of booking.
Please note that some airlines still issue paper tickets for certain flights on certain sectors. If you receive a paper ticket (a card ticket/coupon in a wallet) you must present this at the airport check in counter or you will be unable to board your flight. In case you are unsure of the type of ticker (e-ticket / paper ticket) issued to you, please contact our customer services team at email@example.com.
- How long before my departure do I need to check in?
- Please check in as per the following requirement:
International flights – Check-in at least 3 hours prior to departure.
Sunrise Travels does not hold any liability whatsoever in case you arrive at the airport later than your specified time and are unable to travel.
- Which terminal is my flight departing from?
- Your e-ticket or the itinerary sent along with your paper ticket (if applicable) will have the information about the departure terminal of your flight. You may also contact us at 01582 345561 or 0161 6696295 if you are unsure of the information.
- What is the baggage allowance for my flight?
- Your baggage allowance is usually be shown on your e-ticket or on the itinerary sent along with your paper ticket (if applicable). You may also contact our customer care at 01582 345561 or 0161 6696295 if you are unsure about baggage allowance.
The following tips may be helpful for you with respect to your baggage:
Please check your hand luggage allowance with your airline prior to packing. As a general guideline, keep the hand luggage up to maximum weight of 5 kilos, and dimensions not exceeding 450mm x 350 mm x 200mm (Height x Width x Depth). Most airlines have a hand luggage measurement gauge at check-in.
Any kind of liquids, gels and cosmetics exceeding 100ml are not permitted in hand luggage. All smaller containers must be taken in a transparent plastic bag.
It is important that you find out your free allowance for checked baggage. Baggage allowance limits are determined and set by the airlines. Your baggage allowance is stated on your e-ticket receipt or paper ticket (where applicable).
Note: As a strict rule, airlines do not allow sharp objects like razors, knives, blades, etc in the hand luggage. Remember to pack sharp objects in your checked baggage.
You are advised to check your baggage allowance by contacting the airline that you are flying with in order to avoid unnecessary delays and inconvenience. Passengers with items that exceed the 32kg weight limit, such as sporting equipment, should make special arrangements with the airline in advance. Please note that you may carry weight more than the permissible limit at an additional cost which could be confirmed from the airline.
- Will I need a Visa or Transit Visa for my trip?
- You may check your visa requirements by visiting the following websites which contain the most up to date information on visas, passport, health & travel advise for the travelers.
Generally, you may need a visa for entry into a non-EU country. You may need a transit visa in case you have a connecting flight via a third world country. It is often a good idea to find out visa requirement by visiting the individual country pages on the Foreign & Commonwealth Office website. An up to date advice on immigration, visa & entry requirements may also be gathered by contacting the embassy, consulate or high commission of the destination. This is important in case of non-British citizens including other EU nationals.
You are advised to ensure that your travel documentation is in order prior to departure. It is likely that you will be turned away at check in if you do not have the correct documentation, Furthermore, most countries will not allow you to enter on a one-way ticket without the relevant visa or documentation.
- What happens if I cancel my travel arrangements?
- You may contact our customer care department at 01582 345561 or 0161 6696295 if you wish to cancel any bookings for flight, accommodation, car hire etc.
Please note that all cancellations involve certain charges to be borne by the traveler. These charges vary according to the nature of the booking and are adjusted against any refund that you receive. You will need your booking reference/s and any other relevant details at the time of cancellation.
- What is Advance Passenger Information?
- Advance Passenger Information (API) is collected for all passengers before travel to or from certain countries, including Dubai, USA, South Africa, Spain, Thailand and China. The law now requires that airlines collect the following Advance Passenger Information (API)
Date of birth
Full name as it appears on the passport
Passport number, country of issue and expiry date
Country of residence
Most of the above information can be collected by most passports through a reader at check-in. However, collection of some new information at the check-in would result in longer queues slowing down the check-in for flights. Hence Advance passenger Information is collected in advance at the time of booking.
Please note that for the USA, you will need to provide an address in the USA for your first night's accommodation which may be hotel name, number and street, city, state and zip code.
- Can I change / amend my booking?
- You may contact our Amendments department / customer care department at 01582 345561 or 0161 6696295 to make an amendment to your flight. All flight bookings are amended at applicable fees subject to the contract of the fare purchased and consequently not all bookings can be amended.
- How do I make the payment? Are there any surcharges?
- In order to pay the balance on a booking, you may contact our Customer Services advisor on 01582 345561 or 0161 6696295 or email our Customer Services department on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there will be an additional surcharge (bank charge) for all the payments made on credit card over the telephone and online. This does not apply to debit cards.